Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Why are you wasting your brain?

Do you ever get questions like: Why aren't you going to grad school? Or for those of you who didn't opt for college: Why aren't you attending a university?
Do you ever feel like screaming at these people?! Why is it that our culture assumes that you can't educate yourself? Or why does our culture assume that higher education is a must?

Obviously, as a Christian, I believe that God gave me a brain to use. Whatever I do, I MUST do to the glory of God. But, that doesn't mean that I have to go to grad school to glorify God... Not only that, but I didn't have to go the university to glorify God. I could have done it at home. Glorifying God is not specific to any occupation; you should glorify Him wherever He places you.

I know the world doesn't recognize God in their lives... but I do. I know that even if I don't go to grad school... even if I don't become a "important" career woman... even if I DO become a wife/homemaker/homeschooler... I will not be wasting my brain. I will be using it for the glory of God for whatever He has me to do.

Addition: Those who are encouraging us to go to college or pursue grad school are generally those who care about us and should be treated with respect. :P

No comments: