Thursday, October 2, 2008

My 21st Birthday

Classes were awesome! I got to visit with Dee & Sean. Then after meeting with my English professor, I met Dee (again) for lunch! After BUSA 320, I rushed to meet Mama, Daniel, & Grandpa.... We then traveled to Outback where we met my Dad. Where, I got my last birthday speech from my Dad (until I get married)...My dad always seems to have great words of wisdom to impart to me. Even so, on my birthday, Dad seems to out-do himself. He told me about how on 21st birthdays the world tells young men and women my age that they are responsible enough to handle certain responsibilities, such as alcohol. Daddy continued to say that he and mom had considered me responsible enough for several years and were very proud of me. He told me about how God had grown me in his grace. But, he stressed with me the danger of complacency and the need for perseverance. "Laura, you may feel tempted to think that you have arrived, and in many ways you have." But, I cannot stay this way. I must keep striving for the goal of sanctification. I will never achieve perfection this side of glory, but that is not a license for sin.

After we enjoyed a tasty meal, we went home to play 500 rummy and open gifts!




Did anyone else watch the VP debate? Not the way I wanted to end my birthday, but the parties didn't consult me on the date. :P

5 comments:

Keely said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad you had a nice day. I can't wait to see you tomorrow and give you your gift!

Oh, and no I didn't watch the debate. I guess that's one of the downfalls of not having cable...

Kiri said...

Glad you had a good birthday! Is that a Marvel book I see in your hands?

Tricia said...

Happy birthday, Laura! Your hair looks great! See you tomorrow. :)

Laura said...

Hi!
It was great seeing all of you at Tricia's today! Thanks for my gifts. :)

Kiri- it's actually a DC book called "The Watchmen." Daniel gave it to me.

Tricia- Thanks! Hot rollers are a wonder. :P

Hannah said...

Happy Belated Birthday Laura!!!! It sounded like you had a wonderful day.

Yes, I watched the debate.