Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pittsburgh's going to the Superbowl

Those who know me well know that I am a huge fan of football. I love it. The kickoffs, the runs, the blitz, the sacks… I love it all. (Tight pants and butt smacking aside.) Especially college ball, I cheer on my Mountaineers; I bleed blue and gold. But, growing up in a home of Steelers fans, I have developed my own appreciation of pro football. When Ward smiles after being tackled, I grin with delight. When Polamalu intercepts another ball, I jump up and down. But the best part is watching it with my Dad and Grandpa. Listening to them argue with the announcers, get excited over the game, and analyze whether or not this Steelers team is as good as the 70’s team can be the highlight of my week. That is part of what will make tomorrow so special. After going to evening worship, bring on Superbowl XLIII. Of course, watching 22 guys march up and down the field smacking and whacking one another can’t hurt either. So I have one question for y’all…

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Yes, bring it on! I love to watch football, too. Go Cardinals!!! Sorry Laura, but I'm just not a Steelers fan. Have fun watching!

~Hannah

Laura said...

Hannah,
Good to hear from you! I hope you weren't too disappointed with the Superbowl. Happy Valentines!

Laura