Sunday, October 10, 2010

23 Years of Blessings

Happy Birthday to... Me? Yep, 23 years. Wow! October truly is my favorite month, and my birthday has nothing to do with it. ;) This year's celebration was especially delightful as many of my friends and family were able to celebrate with me at a dance practice.

Kiri and Me

Me and Kelsie

Me and Keely
And my friends were sweet enough to bring gifts... I appreciate each and every friend in their own unique way. My dad even tried to "embarrass" me by having everyone sing "Happy Birthday." Apparently, I didn't turn red enough for my dad's satisfaction.:)

Presents?
WHAT A FACE!!
What great fun to dance new dances and old favorites on my birthday... I *think* (grins) that everyone has as much fun as I did.

Ship's Cook

Ladies In: 2, 3,4

Gallop: 2,3,4,5,6,7,8!

Ladies, dance in a circle

Bridge and Pass Under

And down line...

2 BRIDGES?!

Strip the Willow :)

Circle: Left!

Circle: Right!

I love the artistic look of this one!

Hey! (Sheena's Saunter)

The Gay Gordon

Strip the Willow

Bridge!
Figure 8
Get ready for the Riverside Jig

Do si Do

Right hand "x" ;)

Even Daddies dance

Right Hand Turn

TEAM 1. GO!!!!

Bridge and Pass Under

Lot's of photographers


Can shadow's dance too?

Circle

The bunny hop - Mid air

No birthday is complete without Lucky Charms!
After the dance practice, my family and I headed to the Spring Festival. Whoot whoot! And enjoyed a nice meal together. A dance practice and a festival - all in one day. Too much excitement. 

God has given many so many blessings. Not the least of these are a wonderful family, a supportive church, and excellent friends. Thank you, Lord. 

"The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,For His compassions never fail.They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22,23

3 comments:

Hannah Moss said...

Happy Birthday, Laura!! :D We all had a great time on your birthday- thanks! :)

Kiri said...

Happy birthday, Girlie-o! I'm so glad you had a good day!

"Christmas" comes out tomorrow! Hurray! But I bet ours won't arrive in the mail until Wed. or Thurs...

Keely said...

Happy birthday! I can't wait till the next dp. Although I don't think I can dance... tear!