Saturday, October 9, 2010

It's all about Maine, ya know

Noah and Maggie continue to teach me how it works being a homeschool teacher. I LOVE it! Their enthusiasm and patience are very much appreciated. 

Geography has never been my strong suit. But, with some maps... I can teach it too! :)

Maggie looks through the 50 states cookbook

"Noah, show me where Maine is."

So, what is the Great Portland fire?
Of course, the kids had some fun too. :)


And I found a new, favorite book. Abigail Adams. What fun.

2 comments:

Der Luchs said...

Good, sweet Abigail--so skilled in her duties:
"John, there's not a person in Boston who doesn't admire your education, your command of language..."
"No, no, no... You're charming me, Abigail. You never charm me unless what you're about to say is cutting."
"John... Vanity."
"Vain???"
"You have overburdened your argument with ostentatious erudition. You do not need to quote great men to show you are one."

Kiri said...

Welcome to the world of homeschooling! The last six years with my kiddos have taught me a lot... Like how many details I've forgotten over the years! And how much fun it is to learn.

It's such a privilege to be able to assist homeschooling moms and gain experience and perspective. Learning and discipling are the goals, and instructing each unique and wonderful child until the lesson finally sticks can be a trial at times, but it's so worth it in the end and most often it's a joy.

Happy homeschooling!