Friday, December 3, 2010

Of Cap Guns and HiHo Cherry-O!

While at the Berry's this week, I learned all about cap guns. Who knew that they don't actually shoot anything? Just a little burning smell, after the gun powder ignites. Hmm. In the long run, I think these kids may teach me more than I teach them.

The cap guns

The chamber holding the caps...
While the older kids did their independent reading, Eva, Jude, and I played HiHo Cherry-O! It's a fun, kids game. Hopefully, we'll get to play it again soon...

And in other news, we worked on our geography... And I told the kids my trick for when I had to memorize which states were which... I think Maine looks like a dog, New Hampshire looks like a queen, and Massachusetts looks like a gun. :O)

5 comments:

Keely said...

Actually I did know that cap guns didn't shoot anything... :) But they are awesome none the less! Didn't Daniel ever have a cap gun?

HiHo Cherry-o is always a blast! Did you win?

Beth Welsh said...

Because I have a brother who has several cap guns, I have experienced the smell. :P Hiho Cherry-o sounds fun too!
~Emily

Beth Welsh said...

My brother's cap guns have all of the orange caps taken off of them so that they will look more like real guns...

Amy

Kiri said...

I always love your posts about the kiddos!

Laura said...

Ok. So, I'm the only one who didn't know what a cap gun is. Oh well. My pride will recover. :P

@Keely - Yes, I did win! :)