Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Quote of the Day



~Thanksgiving Day in the Barclay House~


Donna: Come on. I need your help in the kitchen.
Jimmy: Whaddaya, talkin' about? I finished my part! The football game is on.
Donna: So?
Jimmy: So, I'm doing what Dad always does, while you do what Mom always does. I sit here and watch the football games, and you call me when dinner is ready. It's traditional.
Donna: Not this year it isn't. You're going to help me finish the dinner.
Jimmy: But, Donna...
Donna: Jimmy.
Jimmy: I always knew you were one of those liberated, feminist types.
Donna:  Oh, no. Not at all, Jimmy. I just need a big, strong man to come and open some vegetables for me. I'm too fragile to do it myself.
Jimmy: Uh-huh. Sure.
Donna: You can either help me, or I'll stuff you like the turkey. Which is it?
Jimmy: *in deeper voice* Lead the way, little woman. I'm a big man, a proud man, and a bulky man, and I can open those cans with my teeth.


It's that awesome.

6 comments:

Kiri said...

I love that episode! And that's my favorite part to quote! The last line is the best-est...

Der Luchs said...

Yes, you can always manipulate a man into doing exactly what you want by merely appealing to his ego.

Laura said...

@Kiri - Yep! I was so excited that it was online.

@Bobby - In this case, I think it was fear of physical harm that motivated Jimmy. But whatever works. :D

Cleanhousewithkids said...

Haha!! That's great.

Beth Welsh said...

We listened to that one a few weeks ago...just in time for Thanksgiving! Emily

Beth Welsh said...

When we were going to my grandparents house for Thanksgiving I just grabbed a random oddessy off of the shelf. and it was that one. I love that episode!! Amy