Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Reading - Part 2

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.” ~C.S. Lewis

“You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” ~ Paul Sweeney

“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.” ~Groucho Mark

“If a book is really good, it deserves to be read again, and if it's great, it should be read at least three times.” ~Anatole Broyard


“A lot of people ask me if I were shipwrecked, and could only have one book, what would it be? I always say 'How to Build a Boat'.” ~Stephen Wright


“Beware the person of one book.” ~Latin Proverb

1 comment:

Kiri said...

Oh, I need to make more time to read! I'm fearfully neglecting my books right now... Maybe after the shower I'll find more time?

Those are great quotes! I think the one from Lewis is my favorite, though Sweeney's is great, too.