Sunday, February 24, 2008

"...New Friends"

"Make new friends,
But keep the old;
Those are silver;
these are gold."

This past week/weekend has been a whirlwind of fellowship with the saints. God has blessed me with many new friendships. Some were started last year, some started months ago, and some started Friday. These new friendships have blessed me already. My hope and prayer is that my friendship will bless these young men and women they way they have blessed me. The golden friendships also continue as I fellowship with the friends that I have known for years. Their faith and friendships are a constant source of encouragement and blessing.

Tara visting from Florida (we met at CWSC)


Party at the Moss' House

(Left to Right)

Back Row: Kiri, Me, Kelsie/Front Row: Keely, Hannah, Tara, Tricia, Teresa, Sarah, and Issac

Winter Frolic: Me, Marita, Kyle


It was so good to see Tara! The party at the Moss' house was great. (Though I am grateful that the snow didn't keep me there! :P)

Winter Frolic Weekend was a fantastic way to see "Old" and "New" friends. It was wonderful to see Marita and Kyle again, and to meet: Matt and Betsy, Ben, Sarah, Nate, Amanda, and Heather.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

I'm glad you had a nice time, Laura! Tara really appreciated seeing you again. Good pictures!

Anonymous said...

Tricia's right---I'm very glad I got to see you again, especially since I can't come to CWSC this year. :( I still haven't gotten my brochure in the mail, but I checked the website and yup, it's the week my sister's getting married. I looked at the speakers and decided I'd go to Leah's wedding instead. ;) Anyway, thanks for making the time to reconnect!

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to meet Tara! You got some good pics, too, Laura! We forgot our camera that day... :o(

Laura said...

Tara -- I'm so disappointed that you can't come to CWSC. (Dee was too when she found out!) But a sister's wedding is once in a lifetime. Hopefully, she'll allow you to send pictures to us.

Tricia -- Thanks for hosting all of us in your home. Your family's friendship is a blessing.

Kelsie -- Don't you hate forgetting your camera!? It happens to me all the time. :P