Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Count It all Joy

"Let no one say when he is tempted, 'I am being tempted by God'; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. But each one is carried away and enticed by his own lust." (James1:13,14)

"...No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, that you may be able to endure it." (1 Cor. 10:12-14)

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance." (James 1:2,3)

2 comments:

Ascottishsamurai said...

I absolutely love these passages, but the one from James especially. It seems like the Lord keeps bringing it into my life lately, and making me pay attention to it. From needing it when giving council to a friend who is having a rough time, to finding out that my pastor was going to start preaching through it the week after that. I think the Lord wants me to pay attention to it for some reason.

Anyway, I really like your blog. Thank you for passing on the address to me tonight. I'd write more, but I'm running on about three hours of sleep right now, so I think I'd better go try to get some more.

I hope to talk to you soon, if it's possible. And please feel free to email me any time at ascottishsamurai@yahoo.com too. I will keep you and your family in prayer.

Laura said...

Hey Ben,
Thanks for commenting... Comments keep a blog alive.

I love these verses too. Actually the reason they're on the blog is that your Dad preached about them Palm Sunday.

I'll keep your family in prayer too. Have a great week! (And get some rest. :-))