Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hide N' Seek in Best Buy

Wow! Spring Break has flown by... I have done so much, but I'll sum up tomorrow.

Tonight, Daniel and I went out for coffee with Chris and Dee. We all had a great time telling stories, sharing music, and talking about TV and movies. During the evening, Chris suggested we all go to Best Buy. Wanting to look at the "Ipod Shuffle", I quickly agreed. Well, looking at Ipods took all of 5 minutes, but the boys weren't done browsing yet. Dee and I wandered around the store aimlessly, until I lost sight of the boys. I casually said to Dee, "You know that our brothers are going to sneak up and scare us." She readily agreed... So, we devised a plan "to hit them before they hit us back first." We hid around the store; sneaking from place to place, Dee thought the store clerks would think we were thieves. Finally, the boys began to notice we weren't around. They looked, but we were well hidden... (Daniel even went to the car to see if we were there.) Unfortunately, Daniel spotted me and made a beeline for us... And saw me trying to hide again. He ran up and quoted: "[When] I find those to Haynes sisters, I am going to take them by the hair... And with these two hands..." A store clerk then came up and asked Dee and I if we needed help. :) Needlessly to say, we all (boys included) quickly left the store... We didn't want to be thrown out!

It was a great end to Spring Break. :P

P.S. This experience has made me really want to play Hide N' Seek for real in a department store... Daniel thinks Walmart would be the best choice. Have any of y'all ever played in a store?

4 comments:

Tricia said...

That would be CRAZY!! You all sound like you had a lot of fun. I must confess, I think I'd be way too self-conscious to do that. :O

Laura said...

It was CRAZY!! I think it was the coffee I had right before... Just the right combo of caffeine and sugar to shut my brain off. :P

If you do ever try it, Tricia, I would love to hear about it.

Ascottishsamurai said...

*Raises hand* Once or twice. Lowes Home Improvement store works pretty well too, mainly because it's so big. But you do have to be careful to avoid the clerks. lol.

One idea my friend and I had a few nights ago was to do a sort of spoof on the show "Man Vs. Wild" set in Walmart called (obviously) "Man Vs. Walmart". We could basically break the episodes down and do like a department a week and post them online. It would be so much fun...but the biggest problem will be not getting thrown out. We may have to film them in a few segments and then like run them together or something to avoid too much attention. I don't know. lol.

Oh, and Laura, do you have like an email address or something that I could use to keep in touch with you? This works, but that would be even better.

Laura said...

Hi Ben!
Sorry... I have been so busy... My email address is gowtflow@verizon.net.

Lowes sounds like fun... but I don't know why I would go there, except to play. Wouldn't a scavenger hunt be fun? Only you can't see any of the other players? If any of this doesn't make sense, it's because I'm tired. So, I apologize now. :)