Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bella


Tonight, I finally watched the film Bella. Wow. Not only was the film visually stunning, but its message was powerful. I cannot help but recommend this movie. If you haven't seen this movie, rent it, borrow it, or buy it! Even sight unseen, it is well worth your money! What are you waiting for?

Stories never cease to affect me. The stories of love, grief, heroism, fright, justice, faith, etc. always teach me lessons. This is no accident. God created human beings to respond to stories... Didn't Jesus himself teach in parables? From simple children's tales, such as The Three Little Pigs, to adult fiction such as Bella, stories affect our worldview. Kudos to Alejandro Gomez Monteverde for a pro-life winner.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to see the film for a while and am glad to hear that it's so good. Where did you rent/buy it? I haven't seen it around.

~Dee

Tricia said...

It's at Sam's Club! I saw it there today! :D Great review, Laura. I realy, really like this film. I actually own it, Dee, and would be happy to let you borrow it, except it's lent out...

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tricia! I may take you up on that offer in the future. ;)

~Dee

Laura said...

I bought it at Walmart...