Friday, May 23, 2008

Fun with my Girls

For years, I have babysat for the Knudsen family. Now some days it almost feels like they are family. I love spending time with Ineke and Ana. They are bright spots of sunshine in my day. Both of them remind me of when I was younger and still homeschooling. They play paper dolls, American girls, and yes! they listen to Adventures in Odyssey.

Yesterday, for a special treat, Ineke and Ana came to my house. I quickly did their hair... (Poor Ineke's fell out).

Ana... the Shirley Temple version

Ineke... getting ready

We then rushed to lunch, and after a small detour at Wal-mart, joined the Welsh/Kincell/and Amidro (sp?) families for a showing of Prince Caspian. After the movie, there was much discussion of whether or not it did the book justice... Ana loved it! Ineke had problems with Reepicheep, but I think she's coming around. :P

The group picture... we had a dreadful time "finding" everyone, so I think some of us look rather un-good. :P But the kids were getting tired of pictures.
With the invitation of the Kincell's, the girls and I joined them for ice cream. I think all the kids enjoyed it. Their ice cream covered faces showed their excitement.The night didn't end there however. My girls and I headed back to my house... While we waited for the chicken fettuchini, we started watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Both Ineke and Ana had read the book, so I waited to see if it would pass the "book test." To my great delight, they both really liked it.

Sleepover

After listening to Adventures in Odyssey, we all fell asleep... It was a good thing too. They had homeschool co-op in the morning, and I needed to arrive at work awake. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures of the girls and you are great. Thanks for sharing! :)

~Dee