Thursday, February 4, 2010

CAP Day


Yesterday, I had the opportunity to lobby for homeschooling with HSLDA. It was a fantastic experience! God has blessed our nation so very much; we can visit our leaders and speak with them about the law of our land.

Armed with a new statistical, homeschool study by Dr. Ray, the Kincell family and I went to several offices and met with several staffers. It was a unique experience; I loved meeting people from all over the country and representing homeschooling to them.

Lobbying on behalf of homeschooling and parental rights is a great privilege and responsibility. I confess that I was quite nervous, but with the help of my friends, I was never far off course. With some practice (and I plan on going again), I could become quite familiar and comfortable! And I encourage all of you to speak to your representatives at the local, state, and federal level. Liberty once lost is hard to regain. It is our duty to provide for our children (or future children), and this includes freedoms.

If you would like to learn more about homeschooling or parental rights... Please post a comment, or check out the websites.

2 comments:

Kiri said...

I'm so glad we had the opportunity to go! The weather held out for us, and I had a great time. I'm also glad you're paper turned out okay afterward... :)

Kiri said...

Make that "your" not "you're"! One shouldn't comment when one is tired. Or perhaps one should proof-read *before* posting when one is tired!

I'm headed off to bed...