Friday, February 26, 2010

Old Childhood Treasures

Have you ever packed away some of your wonderful, childhood memories in a box? Packed them away in the basement or attic for another day? I have. When we moved, many of my childhood books, toys, and memories were put away. It's been four years since my family moved, and it is time once again to bring out some old friends.

I have really missed my Nancy Drew books, and I was worried about their condition being boxed up in the basement. But, to my great surprise and delight, they emerged unscathed. I can't wait to begin reading them again. I'm sensing a summer marathon in my future. Maybe something to blog about? For now my lovely little collection is setting in my little nook. Oh well, Nancy Drew will have to find a shelf of her own eventually.

Oh, and I found another little treasure.

3 comments:

Hannah Moss said...

Nice shelf you picked! :D That is a lot of Nancy Drew books!!

Kelsie said...

How many ND books do you have? You have a much larger collection than we. Gotta love em! :o)

"Do you smoke?"
"Only when I'm on fire."

Kiri said...

Books and paper dolls: my most favoritest childhood items!

You're lucky that so many of your Nancy Drew collection came from your parents' childhood collection. The two I have from Mom are the most treasured of my collection!

I remember that wicker parasol! Your 13th birthday and Anne of Green Gables inspired, right? I think I still have mine, too. :)