Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Trip to KY

My great-grandparents had 15 children. What a testimony! And it is a great blessing to be able to visit my grandfather's sisters in KY. (My parents had previously traveled to Chicago... And so met us later...)

Traveling with my grandfather can be great fun. We turn on country or 40's music, and we sing in harmony. :)

Daniel and I

Grandpa


Aren't the Mountains beautiful?!

I loved this sign.
Doesn't "Big Otter" sound like a great place to live?

Once in KY, we played games with Aunts Esther and Marian

Rummikub was great fun

But, I didn't win a single hand

Liverpool Rummy is definitely my new *favorite* game :)


On Sunday, after worship, we visited the graves of our other relatives

Learning some history and enjoying the sunshine

4 comments:

Cleanhousewithkids said...

That picture of you with the cards is super cute, Laura!! Fun times. And yes, Big Otter does sound a cool place to live. :-)

Kiri said...

If Liverpool Rummy is your new favorite game, we'll have to play it together soon! I'm so glad you had a good trip! (And I agree with Tricia that the pic of you with the cards is fun!)

I had a blast crafting with you this morning. Can't wait for next week's session. :) But I hope I see you before then...

(P.S. I forgot to give you your DVDs. Again. Will you ever forgive me?)

Laura said...

Thanks, girlies! I love pictures with object covering part (or all) of someone's face... Maybe they seem more artistic?

Kiri - I can't wait for next week session either!! I WILL learn to crochet. :-) I think I'm going to work on my drawers (or a blouse) tomorrow. Woohoo!

Don't worry about the DVD's. I forgot Feminine Appeal. Oops!

Kelsie said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Yes, the mountains are the most beautiful things ever!