Friday, January 25, 2008

Twu Love or Great Thoughts

"I love you... My mind begs you to ask it something so it can obey. Do you want me to follow you all the rest of your days? I will do that. Do you want me to crawl? I will crawl. I will be quiet for you or sing for you, or if you are hungry, let me bring you food, or if you have thirst and nothing will quench it but Arabian wine, I will go to Araby, even though it is across the world, and bring a bottle back for your lunch. Anything there is that I can do for you, I will do; anything that there is that I cannot do, I will learn to do."

"There is great opportunity in America. I'm going to take advantage of it. I have been training myself. In my hovel. I've taught myself not to need sleep. A few hours only. I'll take a ten-hour-a-day job and then I'll take another ten-hour-a-day job and I will save every penny from both except what I need to eat to keep strong, and when I have enough I'll buy a farm and build a house and make a bed big enough for two... I have stayed these years in my hovel because of you. I have taught myself languages because of you. I have made my body strong because I thought you might be pleased by a strong body." - The Princess Bride

Some of these words of love are a bit far fetched. Traveling to Arabia before lunch? Needing only 4 hours of sleep? But the sacrifice of true (or twu) love rings true in these words. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son..."

No comments: