Wednesday, June 4, 2008

CHEWV Conference

Hurray for better pencil sharpeners!
Okay, maybe some of you won't understand that previous statement, but this past weekend was the Christian Home Educators of West Virginia Conference. It held a graduation ceremony, encouragement, and fellowship with like-minded Christians.
I had never heard Kevin Swanson speak before... WOW! What a wonderful speaker! If I wasn't already convinced myself of the benefits of homeschooling, he would have convinced me. He gave a great commencement address. I wish many of my family and friends could have heard him.
The vendor hall held great books! Just walking into the room, I could feel the money slipping through my fingers... :P
But beyond all these things, my good friend Keely graduated..I can't wait until next year's conference.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Great pictures, Laura! I've been patiently checking your blog, hoping both you *and* Kiri would post comments/photos from the conference. I enjoyed that weekend as much I had ever hoped to! :D

Laura said...

It's so good to be posting on my blog again... Thanks for commenting, Tricia! It was great to see you at the conference.

Kiri said...

Oh, you got some really good pictures! We didn't take nearly as many. Thanks for sharing!

I missed the pencil sharpener... Want to fill me in?

Laura said...

Mr. Swanson joked that homeschools are better because of the quality of the pencil sharpeners. I think that's hilarious. :)