Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Dark Knight

For those of you who know me this will come as no shock... I was raised on Superheroes. From watching the Spiderman cartoons or Lois & Clark, and playing Batman with my brother was a daily activity. I don't know whether or not my parents purposely chose heroes for us. People who exemplified sacrifice, justice, and strength.
But, regardless of whether or not they intended this... I love these stories, these mythologies even now. That is why I love Spiderman (1, 2, &3)... It is why I love Superman (Lois & Clark, Superman Returns, even Smallville ---depending on the episode), and it is why I love Batman.
This is why I am so thrilled that my favorite superheros are again coming to the big screen in my adulthood. This summer, The Dark Knight sequel to Batman Begins comes to theaters. This trailer is the best I have seen so far; if my guess is right, this movie will be even better than the first. Long live the Superheroes!


My brother and I still argue over which superhero is more noble: Batman or Spiderman... But you all will have to decide for yourselves.

No comments: