Thursday, August 14, 2008

Curiosity Concerning Consonance

Why is it that many of the famous superheroes have first and last names that begin with the same letter? Consonance is an interesting literary device, and maybe DC and Marvel thought their readers would remember the names more easily. In any case, I was trying to remember all the superheroes that have this characteristic and here is my list:





Clark Kent
Peter Parker
Bruce Banner
Reed Richards
Sue Storm
Matt Murdock
Scott Summers
Or their girlfriends:
Lois Lane
Lana Lang
Betty Brant
Pepper Potts
Vicki Vale



Or Enemies:
Lex Luthor
Green Goblin
Victor Von Doom



Curious, isn't it?

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Ha! Good observation.

Laura said...

Thanks! Kess apparently thinks I'm crazy... But I couldn't get the similarity out of my head!