Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Songs about Superheroes

I wonder what its like to be a super hero
I wonder where Id go if I could fly around downtown
From some other planet, I get this funky high on yellow sun
Boy I bet my friends will all be...stunned, theyre stunned
- Matchbox 20 "Real World"

It may sound absurd...but dont be naive
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed...but wont you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
Its not easy to be me...

Im only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me.
- Five for Fighting "Superman"


Doc Bruce Banner,
Pelted by gamma rays,
Turned into the Hulk.
(Ain’t he unglamorous!)

Wreckin’ the town with
The power of a bull!
(Ain’t no monster clown
who is as loveable!)
As ever-lovin’ Hulk!
Hulk! Hulk!
- Theme song to "The Incredible Hulk"


-Weird Al "Ode to a Superhero"

No comments: