Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The "Best of 2009" Series

Rather than putting stock in the Oscars, Emmys, or the People Choice Awards... I wanted to share my favorites of 2009 in a few categories:

Books
It's an excellent read for anyone interested in WW2 or the Holocaust. Read with caution; it is a dark tale.


Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham -- Review coming soon?
Voddie Baucham's book is an easy-to-read, encouraging work. I *definitely* recommend it!

The Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale
Graphic novels are my new obsession. Tim Sale & Jeph Loeb rule the medium. Don't pick up their novels lightly. You could become hooked.

Note: None of these books were published in 2009, yet I read all of them last year. I hope y'all enjoy them too!

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Kiri said...

What interesting choices for your favorites from last year! I'm slightly surprised not to find any fiction (Batman excluded) on the list.

Family Driven Faith is a great book and I suppose I'll have to remember to find This Way for the Gas Ladies and Gentlemen. And, of course, we're all hoping to borrow The Long Halloween pretty soon. I'm not "hooked" on graphic novels, but they are rather fun. :)

Anonymous said...

I can only address your third choice. "Two enthusiatic thumbs up!"

~Dee