Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Prime Blogging Opportunity

OSB's Céilidh Part 2

Where did I leave off? Oh yes...

 So, the guests began to arrive... and the girls and I became busy handing out the dance cards.

Meanwhile, the fellowship began...
It was wonderful to see so many of our friends! And in such fabulous costumes!


A "Pleasing Countenance" is a must at a Céilidh. And happy, contented faces are great for photos. :O)
The gentlemen always sign the ladies' dance card.
And as previously mentioned, any excuse will do for a family photo!
Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the entire Kincell family. Bummer. But, I do have a picture of Mr. Kincell to share. He always does magnificent job as the Master of Ceremonies! And isn't Mr. Kincell's costume the best? It certainly has challenged me to make an excellent costume for my daddy.
Speaking of my daddy, he gave the etiquette speech and short devotional again at this ball. In my biased opinion, he does a great job!
The group listens to the etiquette speech...
Happy girls! We're at a ball! :D
And the dancing begins...
And the 2nd dance was?
The Gay Gordon
One of my favorites. Mixers are the best.
I didn't dance the Sheena's Saunter, but I do love the arm raise. It makes for great photos!
More happy faces...
Kelsie and Hannah
Me and Ineke
Because of a wretched camera battery, I didn't take as many dance photos as I might have wished.
Yet, I did manage to take some of the Cumberland Square...

Circle Left!
Weave the Ring
Cailin and Andrew
Emily and Joseph
The Patty Cake Polka

Old South Ball's event aren't just for young people. The balls and practices are family affairs. And it is great to see the adults having a good time!
A few more smiles...
Andrew
Amy and Maddie
Annajean
And still more to come!

1 comment:

Kiri said...

Lovely photos despite your wretched camera battery! And your daddy does do an *amazing* job. His speeches and devotionals are always really good.