Monday, April 21, 2008

Do Hard Things

"Most people don't expect you to understand what we're going to tell you in this book. And even if you understand, they don't expect you to care. And even if you care, they don't expect you to do anything about it. And even if you do something about it, they don't expect you to last. WE DO." - The back cover of DO HARD THINGS
I finally picked up DO HARD THINGS by Alex and Brett Harris. Yeah, sure I told myself... It's for teenagers, but that doesn't mean I can't learn anything from it. It was one of my brighter moments! This book is one that every teenager should read. Whether you have just turned thirteen, or you're a nineteen (almost done) year old. It even can teach something to us "old" college students. Don't be defined by a culture with low expectations. Be defined by what you DO, not what you don't. Go out and do HARD things for God.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, Laura, I've been thinking about buying and reading that book! Do you recommend it for 47 year olds? ;-)

Tricia said...

Ohh, lovely! When you're done with it, do you mind if I borrow it? Ever since reading I Kissed Dating Goodbye and Boy Meets Girl, I have really liked "Harris" products. This is exciting!

Laura said...

I definitely recommend this book! (even for 47 yr olds.:P)

Tricia,
I would be happy to let you borrow it, after Dee is done with it... I showed it to her on Sunday, and she asked to borrow it then.

Anonymous said...

Hmm... It might be quicker for me to just buy one since yours seems to be in such high demand. :o) Did you get it at B&N?

-Keely

Laura said...

Yes, I did get it at B&N... I bought the only copy.

Kiri said...

Sounds delightful! If Keel doesn’t buy it, I will! I looked for it today at Good News, but the girl behind the counter implied they don’t usually carry it. Hmmm... I’ll have to try B&N or BAM.

Anonymous said...

I found a copy today at Walden Books. Hurrah! I'll start reading it as soon as I finish Boy Meets Girl. :o) So many good books to read...

Anonymous said...

Hi, Laura!:) I received a copy today from my good friend Kiri. You may have yours back and lend it to Tricia as I no longer need it.

Kiri,
Thank you for my copy. I am excited about starting it. Maybe that's what I'll do with the rest of my birthday...

~Dee