Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Stance of the World

Today, after dealing with two professors that were hostile to Christianity, I wanted to find these verses:

"Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me." (Matthew 5:10,11)

While my professors didn't attack me directly, I was greatly bothered by what they had said. But God reminds me daily that He is in control, and everything is for His glory.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

That verse is always encouraging, Laura! Thank you for posting about this.

Laura said...

The scripture always holds the words that we need to encourage and strengthen us. Isn't that wonderful?!

Ascottishsamurai said...

Indeed it is! I am so thankful all the time for the mere fact that we have access to it. And also that we can come to God in prayer like we can. Can you imagine what life would be life, if God in his glory and majesty had declared that we were not worthy to come before His presence like that?

James came to mind once again too, as I read your post. And of course, I visited another church last weekend for a retreat, and the pastor preached on none other than James chapter one. lol.

This time I was careful to take notes...I'm starting to get scared though of just why this message about persecution is being put before me so earnestly by God. I trust His judgment though, whatever the case...

I'm sorry, I got sidetracked. I have a tendency to do that *grins sheepishly* lol. I know that you set a wonderful example of a godly walk before these men (am I right in assuming they are both men? lol), and will pray that God will use that to claim them for Himself if He is pleased to do so.

Laura said...

Actually, only one of them was male. Thanks for keeping them in your prayers... I should remember my professors in my prayers far more often than I do now.