Saturday, October 24, 2009

MMW: Modern Marian

Maid Marian's wardrobe in the new BBC Robin Hood is simply delightful. Filled with the period & modern-esque, Marian's apparel is enough to make any girl swoon. In honor of AmandaBeth's Maid Marian weekend, I choose to piece together a Maid Marian inspired outfit.


Maid Marian wears lots of cute vests and pretty split skirts. See above and below...

Pairing these two together, I created my outfit. Marian also dons bright, vivid colors; so I grabbed my bright blue shirt. Marian wears little jewelry, but my outfit need something. My grandmother's locket seemed the perfect choice.
The only questions that remained is: What footwear? Marian often wears feminine boots; however my snow boots wouldn't fit the bill... Therefore, I doffed my cute, Marian approved flats. ;)


This should definitely be a yearly event! It was too much fun to only do once. :P

4 comments:

Keely said...

Very cute, La. Have I told you recently how much I like your vest? :)

Kiri said...

Lovely and Marion-esque! (And I'd like to 2nd Keely's love of your vest...) I'm so glad you decided to do MMW!

But you're not on Mr. Linky! You are going to enter your link on AmandaBeth aren't you?

Beth said...

That looks great! :) Love the vest.

Laura said...

Kiri -- I did post on Mr. Linky. Thanks for reminding me. :)

About my vest -- I love Old Navy stuff. Thanks for all your kind remarks, girlies!