Sunday, October 25, 2009

MMW: Take 2 -- Keely's Modern Marian Attire

In honor of Amanda Beth's Maid Marian weekend, I decided to don a Maid Marian inspired outfit today. How exciting! So I went to my closet and started looking for any pieces that just yelled out, "I am sooo Maid Marian!" Well, after a minute or two still nothing had jumped out at me and I still wasn't dressed. That wouldn't do at all... So once again I went to my closet in a frenzy knowing my modern Maid Marian outfit must be there somewhere.

All my favorite Marian costumes have vests. But alas I don't have a vest but a jacket was the next best choice. I'm positive that if Marian had been looking through my closet she would have picked my scarf. (It was the one item that might actually have been yelling "Marian!" at me...) So jacket and scarf it was- then I found a skirt that went and here's the final product...




Amanda picked a great time of year for this event as I think our woods are beautiful for picture taking right now!







What I'm Wearing:
Corduroy skirt by Kama- Christmas gift
Pink tee from Old Navy
Corduroy jacket by Star- from Goodys
Scarf from Claire's
Boots by AirWalk- from Payless



And I want to thank Laura for letting me post this on her blog. You're the best, La!!! :)

4 comments:

Beth said...

Are you actually on location? lol It looks so much like the Sherwood Forest in the BBC series. :) I love you outfit!

hi said...

That scarf is DEFINITELY very "Marian". Nice job pulling the outfit together. I like it. :)

Laura said...

Keely -- You're welcome, girlie! And I approve; your Marian is very fashion forward.

BTW, is that your Celtic Thunder scarf?

Keely said...

Thanks, girls!

La- Yep. It's my Celtic Thunder scarf. :)