Sunday, October 25, 2009

MMW: Take 3 -- Kelsie's Modern Marian

When I found out about Amanda Beth's Maid Marian Weekend, I was very excited. We had watched the first season of BBC's Robin Hood over the summer and really enjoyed it. And after Laura invited us to participate on her blog, I decided to try a modern Marian interpretation.



Marian's outfits usually have long skirts, and my brown wrap skirt seemed like a great modern version of Marian's split skirt. I adore Marian's vests, so my white vest was an obvious choice- especially with the faux fur trim around the hood.



Marian sports lots of blue-ish tones, so for some color in my ensemble we went with a bright teal top.



I finished off the outfit with slightly healed leather boots. Practical Marian style and fashion all rolled into one!



What I'm Wearing:

Brown, moleskin wrap skirt - Christopher and Banks
White tank by Choices - Belk
Teal button front tee - Old Navy
White vest by JJ Basics - gift
Black heeled boots by Predictions - Payless
Charm necklace - Aeropostale

3 comments:

hi said...

Very cute ensemble! And you make an adorable Marian. ;)

Laura said...

Kelsie, your last photo is fabulous! You look so much older. When did that happen?! Or am I just old? :P

Kelsie said...

You're just old. You turned 22, remember? :oP